Honors & Awards
- 2009 Certificate of Recognition by USF Computer Science & Engineering
Department, "For his
leadership and outstanding service as Graduate Program
Director," for service from May 2006 to
- 2008 Elevation to Senior Member Status, Association of Computing Machinery (ACM).
- 2007 Certificate of Appreciation, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, "In appreciation for
your commitment to advancing under-represented minority students in
mathematics, science and engineering
and for your leadership in the
Alfred P. Sloan Foundation's Minority Ph.D. Program."
- 2007-2008 USF Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award.
- Recognition of IEEECS student chapter with "2003 Outstanding Chapter Award,"
under Dr. Katkoori's Advisorship.
- 2005 National-level IEEE-USA Professional Achievement Award.
Nominated by IEEE Florida West Coast Section.
- 2005 Outstanding Engineering Educator Award, IEEE Florida Council Award
(Region 3), Nominated by the IEEE Florida West Coast Section (FWCS).
- Member, Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society, 2004 (By Invitation).
- 2004 Elevation to Senior Member Status, IEEE.
- Best Paper Nomination at 2003 International Conference on Asian and
South-Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC).
- 2003 University of South Florida Outstanding Faculty Research Achievement Award.
- 2001 Faculty Early Career Development Grant (CAREER), National
Science Foundation, Design Automation Program, to conduct research for
five years on "Interconnect centric High Level Synthesis in Deep-Sub-Micron Regime."
- 1997-98 Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation, Honorable Mention, Department
of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science, University of Cincinnati.
- Awarded sponsorship to attend NATO Advanced Study Institute Workshop
entitled "Low Power in Deep Submicron Electronics", Italy, August 20-30, 1996.
- Research Assistantship, Digital Design Environments Laboratory,
University of Cincinnati, June 1993-95, 1996-97
- University Graduate Scholarship, University Of Cincinnati, Fall 1992 - 1997
- Third Place at Under-Graduate level AP State Mathematics Olympiad, India, 1990.